Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sights from Denali National Park and Preserve I

Beautiful caribou feeding on the shrubs. They are in velvet at this time, but rut season has now begun. The ranger we spoke to told us the best time to be in Denali is the beginning of September as the caribou and moose go into rut and begin fighting with each other for mating rights.
Lots of Dall Sheep in Denali.
Even though it was the last week of August, the fall colors so far north were just amazing.
More of the beautiful colors.
And one more.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Oh, Dody! Of all the photos you've posted, the one at the end of this entry of the Polychrome area thrills me the most! All of those colors in one view, and painted only by God, WOW! I think this was my favorite part of the Park!

Cynthia said...

I'll have to remember that Sept is the best time to go there. What about Fairbanks and the other places. If we were really going to plan a trip to AK when do you think the best time would be?