Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fish, goodbyes and more sight seeing Alaska!

Okay, I don't want to brag but as Kat and I were cleaning our fish after her first day of fishing I happened to notice the difference in sizes of our two fish! LOL Okay, maybe I do like to brag! LOL
After Kat had been here for a few days we had to say goodbye to my mom who was here with me from June until August 2nd. I don't know what I would have done without her here with me. She is an amazing woman and Kat and I were both so very sad to say goodbye to her. See you in November Mom!!
While Kat was here I got the privilege of singing with my trio from church. We sang for a retreat for all the Interact Missionaries and it was just wonderful to be able to sing with these talented ladies. In case you are wondering what we sang, it was 'We All Bow Down".
So, if we weren't fishing we were sight seeing! Here is Kat looking at the great waterfowl at Potter's Marsh. It is an important marsh for migrating birds. Click on the link for more information.
We continued on to the Portage Valley. More about this in a little while. I will tell you all about our bear story, but I need to show you the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center first.

No comments: