Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sights on the Major Marine cruise in Seward

A 'wall' of Black Tailed Kittewakes. They were everywhere!!
I didn't get many good photos of the pod of Orcas we were able to follow for about 45 minutes. We got to see them breech and they actually cornered themselves up near a beach, but seemed to be having a blast jumping and swimming.
Stellar Sea Lions sunning and swimming. The sounds they make are just too cool!

I can't seem to edit this duplicate picture out of my post. Sorry about that.
One of my new favorite birds, the Horned Puffin. Usually we see lots of these in Seward, but there were very few yesterday. I just love this picture.

We have been on numerous cruises out of Seward but had never got to view the Mountain Goats. Yesterday they were everywhere! They were pretty far away so this picture is fully zoomed in and then edited and cropped so the quality isn't too good, but hopefully you can see what he looks like. Pretty beautiful!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Dody,
The photos are AWESOME! We've seen some of those things in a zoo, but NEVER in the wild. That's just amazing to me! Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

Diann said...

Great photos, Dody! I always love looking at your pictures and comments on Alaska.

Diann from SHS (and TLT, too)