Saturday, June 16, 2007

Potter's Marsh birds


These young gulls were just right off the parking lot. I hope they will be okay.

The momma gull came with fish in her tummy and regurgitated them up for the little ones. It was pretty gross, but really cool at the same time.
I think this may be my favorite picture this summer. This is an Arctic Tern. If you don't know much about them it would be worth looking up. They love to hover over the water watching for things to eat in the water. This one hovered for a good minute and allowed me some great photo opts.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful picture of the tern, Dody! I enjoy all your bird pictures.

Are you a birdwatcher? I have been a birdwatcher for years, but haven't done any serious birding for quite a while.

Cynthia said...

LOVELY photos! We're studying Apologia's zoology 1 this year... birds, bats, and bugs.. so we're all particularly interested in all bird photos!

Michele said...

What a fantastic picture!

Melanie said...

This is my favorite picture so far too....well, maybe tied with the b&w canoe.