Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Moose!



It was the day for moose yesterday, January 15, 2007! While driving I saw 6 moose; 1 cow and calf, 1 cow, 1 bull and 2 cows together. On my return trip I saw three of them again. Once home I grabbed the camera and my husband and we went back to see this large cow, and this cow and calf. We were able to watch them for a long time. They were on the main road to our house. It is always a thrill to see these massive animals and one of the things we really enjoying sharing with our visitors!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

How exciting, Dody! We see them once in a while when we are traveling in VT, but nothing like that.

Thank you for sharing your little piece of Alaska with us.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah! My moose fix. I sure miss these guys roaming all over the place....the funniest was the time they wandered right across a busy intersection - with the crossing light - my Mom was visiting and coudn't believe she'd seen a moose in downtown Anchorage. LOL

Kristine said...

Jackalopes in Wyoming, moose in Alaska . . . (haha)

Really, Dody, amazing. LOVE your pictures! My mom lived in Juneau for several years growing up (before it was a state), but they were in town, never saw things like this . . . that I know of anyway!

Stacey said...

WOW! Ok, we see deer sometimes and an occasional turtle or two...but never anything as massive as this! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see some of this myself in June!

Anonymous said...

suweet! I think I shall visit soon. These "Meese" Beat the little mongooses that exist here in Hawaii. Also all of this talk of moose definently gives the ice cream "Moose Tracks" a diffrent definition.

Diann said...

I am love seeing your pictures and descriptions of Alaska. It is sooo fun (and I don't even have to be in the snow right now...woo hoo!)

Diann (from SHS)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I popped in to see if you'd won the Karokee contest. ::snort::